JUVÉDERM® is one of the most recognized facial fillers on the market, and Iconic Plastic Surgery is proud to offer the full line of JUVÉDERM products to our patients. From treating moderate facial wrinkles to adding volume to cheeks and hands, the JUVÉDERM collection offers multiple treatment options to correct age-related issues. As the world’s #1 selling collection of dermal fillers, JUVÉDERM is trusted by doctors and patients alike.
What Is JUVÉDERM Made of?
The JUVÉDERM line of products utilizes hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance found in your skin. Hyaluronic acid is responsible for the level of moisture and elasticity in the skin. As we age, our bodies level of hyaluronic acid becomes depleted, causing the skin to become dry, sunken in, saggy, and wrinkled.
Why Should I Get JUVÉDERM?
Traditionally, patients would undergo lifts and augmentations in an effort to take years off of their faces. These types of procedures can be costly, time-consuming, and the recovery can sometimes be unpleasant. With JUVÉDERM, patients can achieve similar looking results with just a few simple injections!
Each JUVÉDERM product offers a unique treatment solution to address various aesthetic facial skin issues. These treatments are all minimally invasive, so no surgery is required. This allows patients the opportunity to achieve their desired look without any downtime or a painful recovery period.
There’s More Than One JUVÉDERM, Which Is Right for Me?
With the wide variety of JUVÉDERM products available, it’s easy to lose track of which one does what. Here is a breakdown of the most popular offerings from JUVÉDERM:
- JUVÉDERM XC: This injectable treats wrinkles around the mouth and nose. Results can last up to one year after your initial treatment.
- JUVÉDERM Voluma XC: This dermal filler adds volume to treated areas of the face to help create a youthful look.
- JUVÉDERM Ultra: The most gentle dermal filler in the JUVÉDERM family, it is mostly used to treat nasolabial folds and marionette lines. It can smooth out depressed scars and enhance the look of the lips. It is commonly offered as a hand rejuvenation treatment as well.
- JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus: This injectable treatment is used to smooth deep wrinkles and folds, as well as plump up areas with skin depression or fat loss. JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus is also offered as a hand rejuvenation treatment.
- JUVÉDERM Volbella: This popular dermal filler is used to help define lips and is also used for the correction of fine lines around the lips.
Sounds Great, but What About the Side Effects?
Side effects reported by patients include redness, slight swelling, itching, bruising, and tenderness around the injection site. Patients are encouraged to speak with a doctor prior to receiving injections, especially if they have allergies or are pregnant.
How Long Does It Last?
Depending on the treatment, results can last from one to two years. Oftentimes, patients will report using fewer products to reach their desired results.